Monday, June 27, 2016

My Book Review of Immediate Dead by Blue Cole

Immediate Dead by Blue Cole - Reviewed by Anjannette Conner for Readers' Favorite - 5 Stars

In Immediate Dead by Blue Cole, Sandy Cooper, a rookie female homicide detective for the Atlanta PD, has plenty of obstacles to overcome without adding the quirks of her new partner to the list. Dubbed the Reaper by the other detectives in his precinct, Michael Bennett has an aloof demeanor and a strange working style that his cohorts either find intimidating or annoying. Thrown together as partners, they quickly discover their working styles complement each other perfectly, but it doesn't take long for things to get bumpy as they attempt to stop a revenge killer focused on medical personnel. Intrigued by her partner's strange behavior at murder scenes and his uncanny 90% clearance rate on cases, Sandy puts together pieces of a puzzle that lead her to an astonishing secret that could mean the end of Michael's career.

When I read a thriller, I want the book to really intrigue me from the very beginning, and Immediate Dead by Blue Cole did exactly that. I was captivated from beginning to end. The story reveals one critical detail at the very beginning, but the author really makes the reader keep flipping those pages for all the other important reveals. I enjoyed the dynamic between the two main characters, particularly Sandy's "underreaction" to Michael's big secret, and I would definitely love to learn much more about the enigmatic Fred (Michael's friend) in future books. I need the answer to what Sandy "experienced" near the end, so I will definitely be looking for the next book in the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment